Many millions of people suffer from allergies. There are all types of allergies, everything from dust and pollen to animal dander, to certain types of foods. The most common symptoms of an allergy is a runny nose, watery itchy eyes, sneezing, pressure, headaches, and nausea. The good news is there are many very effective allergies home remedies that you can use that will eliminate, or at least diminish, your reliance on expensive and side effect heavy prescription and over the counter drugs and may help you get rid of the allergies altogether.
Here are some things that you can try:
1. Taking Vitamin E is believed to help increase your body’s ability to fight off allergens. Many people have gotten relief from their allergies by taking a daily dose of Vitamin E.
2. Many people claim that adding a few drops of castor oil to a half cup of juice can help alleviate your allergy. You can also add the castor oil to a glass of water if you prefer.
3. Use the allergy relief furnace filters in your furnace and make sure to replace them as often as the manufacturer recommends.
4. Use a bleach-water solution in any area of your home that tend to get damp. This can help eliminate the growth of mold which is a prime cause of allergies.
5. Keep your pets bathed and brushed. If you can’t do it yourself take them to a groomer.
6. Try to avoid any house cleaning chores that tend to stir up a lot of dust. If possible get someone else to vacuum, dust, or sweep.
7. If you can, try to replace your carpets with wood or tile flooring and just a few area rugs. Carpets are like magnets and they can really hold on to a lot of dust and dander.
8. Buy an air purifier and make sure to replace the filters frequently.
9. Keep your pets out of your sleeping area. This is the one area of your house that it’s particularly important to be an allergy-free zone. You need to be fully rested and if you’re up sneezing all night long you can’t get the sleep you need.
10. Make sure to frequently wash all of your bedding in hot water. This is another place that dust mites and dander can really build up fast, and since this is also where you sleep it’s very important to keep it as free of dust as possible.
11. When cutting the grass you should consider wearing a mask to keep the dust from blowing into your face. This may also help whenever you are out working in the yard if you are prone to seasonal allergies.
Whether you are looking for something to relieve your allergy symptoms or eliminate your allergies altogether, these allergies home remedies can provide you with some much-needed relief. Use one, or all, of the tips on this list and keep looking until you find the combination that works best for you. You do have options and don’t have to just rely on store-bought allergy products.